MB Studio using UDP connection to mbsoft.net ?

More
22 Jul 2017 03:24 - 22 Jul 2017 03:30 #83643 by paul03034
Hello,
I used to VPN to server with a workstation and then I upgraded and now it does not work after upgrade.

First when I installed the latest version my anti-virus kicked in and shut some .exe file that MB Studio installed. On that computer I cannot connect via VPN to server since upgrade.

Next I installed software on a computer without antivirus and launch MB Studio an it basically launches pretty quick and all is OK looking at C drive and connected to internet.

Now if I do my VPN connection which tunnels direct to remote location and does not allow any internet for security reasons the following happens.

I launch MB Studio and it just seems to hang for some time. Occasionally I might get a not responding.

I go to setup my remote network connection and MB Studio does not display the path, but if I do file explore the network connection is there and I can look at all the directories and files in MB Studio on remote server.

I noticed a message of UDP port connection failed to mbsoft.net because I am blocking all external internet traffic preventing possible security leak.

I drop the VPN and reload MB Studio and it loads quickly and I see it is going out and talking to MB Soft for some reason.

Many versions down, I had a connection and accessed MB Studio server from workstation, but now I can't and it all seems to be after upgrading workstation several versions.

The new workstation will not connect to server and will not acknowledge there are network drives sitting there available to map in MB Studio.

Without network cable it is just a little slower.

Without VPN MB Studio does not show my networked drives, just the internal ones, while file explorer show all drives.

Thank you!
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Jul 2017 03:30 by paul03034.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2017 11:36 - 22 Jul 2017 12:24 #83644 by MB SOFT
The connection to mbsoft.net is only sending statistic information, the same info that you can see using the menu MBStudio\About. But it's not necessary and you can block it without any problems. So if you have some problem is not related to the conenction to mbsoft.net. At start MB STUDIO will check for all the folders listed in Setup\Folders so probably if they are remote (not local) it could take very longtime. As usual i cannot help more through the forum so you can fill a report and i'll take a look,

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Last edit: 22 Jul 2017 12:24 by MB SOFT.

More
22 Jul 2017 14:21 - 23 Jul 2017 01:49 #83645 by paul03034
Replied by paul03034 on topic MB Studio using UDP connection to mbsoft.net ?
I'm trashing that workstation that has the issue and doing a different one as I suspect it might be the computers fault although I have done several installs. It is a Windows 8.1 Pro machine, same as server.
After reboot of the computer that was working before upgrade, it started working, but it is a Windows 7 Pro machine.
If a different computer and install have the same issue of not seeing mapped drives, I will send a debug report.

Thank you very much!
Last edit: 23 Jul 2017 01:49 by paul03034. Reason: Change in plans

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB STUDIO is a radio automation software that will allow you to create and manage your own radio station playing all your media files: jingles, commercials, news, songs, Files from internet, live streams, live inputs from your sound card, satellite feeds. Automatically download news and shows from Internet. Multiple overlapping files and/or live sources (mic, line, aux). Voice tracking. Integrated CD Ripper. Integrated jukebox to play songs requested via sms / email messages. Display current playlist on your web site.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER features an audio recorder with scheduler, a webcast module to send streams to any Shoutcast, Icecast or Windows Media server, AutoDJ function to play randomly your own audio files from up to 4 folders, a stream receiver allowing to record or recast to your server (transcoder), an audio converter from/to any format.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE is a software that stream a live audio\video feed from any place to an MB STUDIO PRO automation in the main radio studio. MB LIVE make use of a TCPIP connection. This program is free for MB STUDIO PRO users