MB RECASTER is a new application with a lot of features that normally would require the installation of a couple of other softwares. All-in-one you'll find an audio recorder with scheduler, a webcast module to send streams to any Shoutcast, Icecast or Windows Media server, AutoDJ function to play randomly your own audio files from up to 4 folders, a stream receiver allowing to record or recast to your server (transcoder), an audio converter from/to any format. MB RECASTER meets the needs of any user, does not require complicated configurations and also allows non-experts to manage a small web radio from a Windows computer.
- Capture audio from any sound card or any internet URL stream (Shoutcast, Icecast, Windows Media)
- Internal Auto DJ: play and mix random files from up to 4 different folders. Automatically remove gap from begin/end of files.
- Support DSP Plugins for audio processing (AudioProc, XAP, Jammix, etc)
- Stream the final signal to any ShoutCast, IceCast or Windows Media Server with up to 4 indipendent encoders reading metadata from an external text file.
- Windows Media Pull mode allow to stream over the internet directly with your internet connection (no external server required, public ip and free tcp input port required)
- Integrated Audio Logger: non stop record saving up to 180 days with automatic deletion of older files.
- Recording scheduler: schedule up to 255 record timers by time, day and/or date. Each record can also be started/stopped usign external relay (require Velleman USB k8055 Interface)
- When a record end, automatically upload the file to a FTP server
- Convert any audio file to the following formats; MP3, OGG, WMA, WAV, AAC, ACM. Allow to convert the full audio length or a selected range.
- Send email notifications when “missing audio” or “connection lost”
Here are some examples of use:
- FM Radio Stations: they can keep in memory the last 180 days of broadcasted programs (being noticed by email if there is no input sound), cut out portions of recorder programs and save it in separate files, schedule recordings of live programs that must be rebroadcasted later (also automatically removing commercial breaks).
- Web Radio Stations: they can generate up to 4 different streams Shoutcast, Icecast, Windows Media also using Windows Media Pull to transmit over the Internet without the use of external servers. Automatic switching to AutoDJ function when there is no sound input. Ability to apply a DSP plugin audio processor like SoundSolution or AudioProc
- Amateur Radio Stations: from your home PC you can play random music AutoDJ and talk overlap with the microphone (the music is automatically faded when opening the microphone)
- Home users: can renotely monitor a room, leaving a microphone connected to the computer and listening the stream in Windows Media Pull or scheduling automatic recordings to be sent automatically to an FTP server
Demo Version has the following limitations:
- Auto DJ play function is limited to 1 hour and must be manually reactivated once expired
- All the recorded files are created with the fixed name “Demo Version”
- “MB RECASTER” is added to the title of webcast streams
- FTP and Email functions are disabled