Add Artwork support for MB Recaster Free

• bootika
  • Autore
02/04/2018 15:59 #84902 da bootika
Add Artwork support for MB Recaster Free è stato creato da bootika
Hello,

Can you please consider to add support for in-stream artwork for Shoutcast v.2? I'm talking about album or station branding art display in media players.
As I understand, in-stream artwork should be either JPEG, PNG, GIF or BMP and up to 511 KiB (523264 bytes) in size (due to the SHOUTcast 2 protocol specification for metadata packets).

There are two types of artwork that can be sent in-stream in v.2:

1. Artwork from the playing file (This sends artwork from the currently playing song to the server and acts in the same way as the album art view in most media players)
2. Artwork for stream branding (This will send the image to the server to act as the station or stream image)

Documentation of Source DSP Plug-in for winamp (which includes support for Shoutcast v.2 instream artwork): wiki.shoutcast.com/wiki/Source_DSP_Plug-in#Artwork

Thank you,

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Di più
02/04/2018 16:22 #84905 da MB SOFT
Risposta da MB SOFT al topic Add Artwork support for MB Recaster Free
This is already planned for the next update in few days or weeks

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Ringraziano per il messaggio: bootika

• bootika
  • Autore
02/04/2018 20:48 #84907 da bootika
Risposta da bootika al topic Add Artwork support for MB Recaster Free
Will you enable "Send next track title to the server", too? :)

Di più
16/04/2018 03:17 #84987 da paul03034
Risposta da paul03034 al topic Add Artwork support for MB Recaster Free
I thought next track is a violation of most countries law where you are advertising the next song to be played. I know in USA that is illegal and if it is added, then there needs to be a checkbox that enables that function so by default it does not send out the next song info. Depending on country laws with streaming audio would require that ability to do that or not do that in order to comply with different laws of the country where the stream originates.

Thank you!

• bootika
  • Autore
16/04/2018 09:50 #84988 da bootika
Didn't know displaying the next song to be played could be illegal :)) I took this functionality from Winamp's official Shoutcast DSP Plugin, where this is present. In the end, if it is illegal in one's country, they shouldn't fill in the path to the file displaying the next song.. But for the others is a nice feature

Di più
17/04/2018 03:04 #84993 da paul03034
Risposta da paul03034 al topic Add Artwork support for MB Recaster Free
This is from the Digital Millennium Copy-write Act (DMCA) which applies to USA for sure.

You may not publish any advance program guides or use a chat/discussion function or any other means to pre-announce when a particular song will be played or the order in which songs will be played. DJ "teaser" announcements using artists' names are permitted, but only those that do not specify the time a song will be played.

I believe listing/publishing the next song to play in advance would apply here, but I am not legal council either, so use your own judgement for the country you are in and what rules may apply to your country.

Thanks for the response back!

• bootika
  • Autore
17/04/2018 11:09 #84994 da bootika
I just saw this in Shoutcast 2.0 specifications and implemented in the DSP plugin. I think the target for MB Recaster Free is to cover 100% of the features supported by Shoutcast and Icecast, regardless of specific countries laws. Some countries may allow functionalities, some may forbid them. This software is for the whole world to use..

Tempo creazione pagina: 0.059 secondi

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB Studio trasforma il computer in una stazione radio. Suona, mixa, sovrappone automaticamente voce e musica, jingles, pubblicita', notiziari. Riproduce stazioni radio web o satellitari e scarica automaticamente notiziari o rubriche da internet. Oltre al player multitraccia, include anche un CD audio ripper. La versione PRO Incorpora anche un jukebox musicale automatico via sms e/o emails.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER PRO comprende un registratore audio con schedulatore dedicato, trasmissione Webcast verso qualunque server Shoutcast, Icecast o Windows Media, funzione AutoDJ che permette di suonare files casuali da una lista di 4 cartelle, ricevitore URL che vi permette di registrare un qualunque flusso audio esterno o ritrasmetterlo al vostro server (transcoder), un convertitore di files audio da/a qualunque formato.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE è un software per la trasmissione di audio \ video in diretta da postazione esterna a studio centrale. Questo programma, sfrutta una qualsiasi connessione TCPIP. E' fornito gratuitamente insieme al programma MB STUDIO PRO.