English forum has died?

• Auteur du sujet
11 Oct 2006 11:52 #19639 par
English forum has died? a été créé par
Hello,

I know this is Italian forum only but I would like to know if Maurizio is going to respond to threads posted in English forum. I was really interested in MB Studio but unfortunately I got no response whatsoever to my question concerning the software. Since I can see some traffic here I presume that admin/developer is present all the time. Please reply to this post or to my post on the English forum.

Thank you in advance
Jack

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

• Auteur du sujet
11 Oct 2006 12:21 #19641 par
Réponse de sur le sujet Re: English forum has died?
hi jack, this forum is in italien,however they are happy for helping you… you can write calmly in your language
king reguard Enzo!

• Auteur du sujet
11 Oct 2006 12:40 #19645 par
Hi Enzo,

actually the question formed in the English forum concerned a free copy for translation into other language so this would be directed rather to Maurizio. But - should I have some questions concerning operating the software and all that kind of stuff, I will gladly turn to you, mates.

Jack

• Auteur du sujet
11 Oct 2006 14:43 #19647 par
Hi Jack, also of asking for you can me… are of on the operation of the software of explanation of of of serve of You of If… a disposition of yours
reguard Enzo
sorry my bad inglish! ;D

• Auteur du sujet
11 Oct 2006 14:53 #19649 par

Hi Enzo,

actually the question formed in the English forum concerned a free copy for translation into other language so this would be directed rather to Maurizio. But - should I have some questions concerning operating the software and all that kind of stuff, I will gladly turn to you, mates.

Jack

Hi Jack,
I think that the operation that you want to make must be approved first by Maurizio.  I think that isn't possibile give to you a free copy, to translate you must to know the code, and I don't know if Maurizio want this... but he can contact you if he want to search a possibile help for translation.

• Auteur du sujet
11 Oct 2006 15:43 #19652 par
Hi

I am perfectly aware it must approved by Maurizio. This is something that he actually offered - check this page:
www.mbstudio.biz/mbsoft_006.htm

• Auteur du sujet
11 Oct 2006 16:28 #19655 par
Ok, scuse me, I'm new of this Forum and I have'nt see the other Forum in English...

Probably Maurizio have too many work and as soon is possible give you an answer  ;)

Plus d'informations
11 Oct 2006 16:58 #19656 par MB SOFT
Réponse de MB SOFT sur le sujet Re: English forum has died?
I'm afraid for the english forum situation. The forum is temporary down due to some bots that are attacking the forum posting a lot of spam so i disabled new subscriptions. The offers of a free license is no more valid due too much requests. However there will be a new english site and the forum activity will be restored asap.

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme

• Auteur du sujet
12 Oct 2006 09:54 #19676 par
Hi Maurizio,

thank you for you answer. It's a pity the offer is not valid anymore. I still would like to translate it to see it operate in my native language. I wonder if it is enough to make a copy of english.lng file and translate it using Notepad. Anyway, I would like to know if MB Studio supports non-Latin characters - on the demo that I have it does not. I guess it's because of the font MB Studio uses.

My next question concerns working in the LAN environment. At the moment I have 8 clients using the same database placed on the server. How is it done with MB Studio? Can the database be shared simultaneously by many users or is it locked only to one studio PC? I would like to have my database on the server and not on the studio playout machine - is it possible?

Live playlist: is there any possibility to stop the overlapping sound except for clicking on am empty dummy button? Have you thought of some visual represantation of  live playlist sound's duration? When playing live playlist sound one cannot assess its length. The live playlist is a great tool to play some pre-recorded stuff in the news bulletin yet worthless if a presenter does not know when exactly the on-air sound ends.

• Auteur du sujet
13 Oct 2006 12:57 #19723 par
Hello again,

I have found by chance MBTranslation on my HD (I don't remember where I got it) and started translating the lng file. I already know MB studio doesn't support non-Latin characters at all, no matter which font we're talking about. It needs support for charset=ISO-8859-2.

There is also some problem concerning some abbreviations that I am not aware of (ED, OD, EW), both gender and syntax issues due to the flexive nature of my native language. I also have to think of word substitutes so the translated commands fit MB Studio windows.

Jack

Plus d'informations
17 Oct 2006 14:28 - 17 Oct 2006 14:32 #19773 par MB SOFT
Réponse de MB SOFT sur le sujet Re: English forum has died?

thank you for you answer. It's a pity the offer is not valid anymore. I still would like to translate it to see it operate in my native language. I wonder if it is enough to make a copy of english.lng file and translate it using Notepad. Anyway, I would like to know if MB Studio supports non-Latin characters - on the demo that I have it does not. I guess it's because of the font MB Studio uses.

You can find the latest translations tools at www.mbstudio.net/Translations . As you remarked, at the moment MB STUDIO is only capable of latin characters.

My next question concerns working in the LAN environment. At the moment I have 8 clients using the same database placed on the server. How is it done with MB Studio? Can the database be shared simultaneously by many users or is it locked only to one studio PC? I would like to have my database on the server and not on the studio playout machine - is it possible?

Yes, it's possible to keep the MB STUDIO database in a server however there are no advantages....instead the access time is slower then accessing the local hard drive. The database cannot be changed simultaneously by many clients. Usually one client load MB STUDIO, make changes then save the database...so..if you do the same operation on multiple clients....the last save operation will override other clients changes .

Live playlist: is there any possibility to stop the overlapping sound except for clicking on am empty dummy button?

You can also close the live playlist window (if open)...however i think i can add some control buttons in the next release.

Have you thought of some visual represantation of  live playlist sound's duration?

There is little graphic area available for such details.

When playing live playlist sound one cannot assess its length. The live playlist is a great tool to play some pre-recorded stuff in the news bulletin yet worthless if a presenter does not know when exactly the on-air sound ends.

This only apply if you use the overlap option. If you use other options, items are inserted in the on air playlist so all details ara available.

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Dernière édition: 17 Oct 2006 14:32 par .

• Auteur du sujet
17 Oct 2006 15:36 #19778 par
Hello,
thank you very much for your reply.

I guess I need some real experimenting on LAN to see how MB Studio behaves if a database is centrally located on the main server. Question: If two clients work on the same spot database on two PCs simultaneously and one of them saves the database, will next saving by the other user override the previous saving so the previous input is lost? I have three people working in the commercial department so they would have check every time if others do not work on the spot database at the same time.

As for non-Latin letters, I would do without them but there is a problem I found by accident: the playlists can be saved on all days but... WEDNESDAY! I suppose it is due to a non-Latin letter which (in my language) Wednesday starts with! I tried several times but in vain. I tried to create a playlist only for Wednesdady so the filename is: 0000
?r
_Nowa3.mbp but having loaded the playlist in the playlist editor, Wednesday is not enabled (there is no tick). In case I save it for the whole week, only Wednesday is inactive.

I have local versions of  Windows everywhere and I cannot use English one so as not to have conflict with other clients. Can you do anything about it? Otherwise on Wednesdays MB Studio wouldn't know how and what to play. I haven't checked MB Spot in this matter but I guess it will be the same.

I also checked the translations page and there is no my language file there. I have just finished the file and working now on some adjustments. What are these: ED, OD, EW ?

I am still checking the software and except for the above issues everything is okay. It is highly probable we buy MB Studio PRO but we need clarification of the problems I mentioned.

Jack

Temps de génération de la page : 0.069 secondes

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB Studio transforme votre ordinateur en station de radio. Jouez, mixez, superposez automatiquement voix et musique, jingles, publicités, actualités. Il lit les stations de radio Web ou par satellite et télécharge automatiquement des actualités ou des répertoires sur Internet. En plus du lecteur multipiste, il comprend également un extracteur de CD audio. La version PRO intègre également un juke-box automatique de musique via sms et / ou e-mails.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER PRO comprend un enregistreur audio avec programmateur dédié, une transmission Webcast vers n'importe quel serveur Shoutcast, Icecast, la fonction AutoDJ qui vous permet de lire des fichiers aléatoires à partir d'une liste de 4 dossiers, un récepteur URL qui vous permet d'enregistrer n'importe quel flux audio externe ou retransmettez-le à votre serveur (transcodeur), un convertisseur de fichiers audio de / vers n'importe quel format.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE est un logiciel de transmission audio \ video en direct d'une station externe vers un studio central. Ce programme utilise n'importe quelle connexion TCPIP. Il est fourni gratuitement avec le programme MB STUDIO PRO.