Vellman Card

Di più
28/04/2018 00:07 #85057 da teutoradio
Vellman Card è stato creato da teutoradio
Can I use also more than 1 Velleman card for MB Radio ?

I see that in your software I can choose address 0 until 3

If not, is there another way to use MB Radio with more than 5 bit contact ?

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Di più
30/04/2018 13:39 #85058 da paul03034
Risposta da paul03034 al topic Vellman Card
Yes you can have up to 4 cards to act as a GPIO interface.
Each card supports 8 contact closure outputs and 5 inputs (status).

It will do 8 bits or 8 relay/contact closures to command your external equipment
It will monitor 5 external/equipment relay/contact status's so you can command MB Studio to perform functions based upon external equipment.

You could have a external cart panel that when button is pushed it commands MB Studio cart to play and when cart plays it closes contact to light button and when it finishes light goes off.
Same with CD player that supports GPIO interface or any external equipment that has GPIO connections.

Hope this helps you out!

Paul

Di più
30/04/2018 13:51 #85059 da teutoradio
Risposta da teutoradio al topic Vellman Card
Thanks for your reply. Can i use it also for fader start of a mixer console? For example press start button ( light of button will go on ) on the console and the song will start, after end of the song, the light of the start button goes off until i press it again?

Di più
01/05/2018 02:12 #85060 da paul03034
I am a little unsure of your plan, but I will try to present possibilities to you.

Can i use it also for fader start of a mixer console?

If your external mixer console has a GPIO plug that gives you a connection to the outside world I would think yes, but you must read your manual.
The mixer console cannot supply more than 50 volts for status to Velleman
The Velleman can do a contact closure to GPIO to start fader if fader button is available

For example press start button ( light of button will go on ) on the console and the song will start, after end of the song, the light of the start button goes off until i press it again?

When you push start button on console song will start where, something that is triggered by button on console to external equipment or MB Studio?

Again if console has GPIO interface and that button is available on GPIO it should be able to be started remotely by MB studio using Velleman or it can tell Velleman board it has been pushed to do something in MB Studio within its allowed bit functions.

Under all of the above in simplest configuration MB Studio will assume button is off and if you hit button by hand turning fader on and MB Studio then fires a fader on command it will turn fader off in a simple situation. Further thinking and logic would be required to prevent that I believe. Maybe console has logic that prevents external command when fader is active so again you need to read console manual.

Maybe if I understand your requirement better, I could say more, but I am guessing what you fully want to do here.

Here is one way I use the Velleman board.

MB Studio is running and playing playlist.
Outside Government agency sends audio alert of flash flood to send to community.
it causes a contact closure (on GPIO interface of external equipment) that is connected to one of the Velleman bit inputs and that tells MB Studio to pause the playlist (because I map that bit function to pause function in MB Studio) then the external audio from external equipment goes out over the air and when it finishes it does a different contact closure on its GPIO interface which is wired to same bit input to unpause the playlist.

I also command that same external equipment to send a test messages each week from the playlist and that equipment tells MB Studio when it is done sending test message and then starts MB Studio's playlist to continue on by having another contact closure wired to a bit input on Velleman .

I use the assembled version of Velleman as to the kit as I did not wish to build the board.

I am here to help when I can, should you need more help or can better define your plan.

Paul

Di più
01/05/2018 06:59 #85061 da teutoradio
Dou you know, it the Wheatstone Digital Console can handle this? I know that Wheatsone offer fader start possibilities to other radio automation system. Maybe you have experience with some mixer console.

Di più
01/05/2018 17:15 #85062 da paul03034
Which model number Wheatstone?

Are you planning on triggering external audio source using Wheatstone and triggering Wheatstone using MB Studio?

Di più
03/05/2018 12:21 #85070 da MB SOFT
Risposta da MB SOFT al topic Vellman Card

teutoradio ha scritto: Can I use also more than 1 Velleman card for MB Radio ?

I see that in your software I can choose address 0 until 3

If not, is there another way to use MB Radio with more than 5 bit contact ?

You can only use one card, the selector is there to choose the card (in case you have more than one). But in the same computer you can have multiple MB STUDIO or MB RECASTER each using one Velleman Cards (up to 4)

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme

Di più
03/05/2018 13:25 #85071 da paul03034
I forgot the one card per instance of MB Studio, but he does have 8 discrete commands to send out of MB Studio to external equipment and 5 discrete external inputs to fire off different user defined events in MB Studio if I understand correctly?

I believe he wants more than 5 bit contacts which I believe is the 8 individual bit outputs on the board or maybe he means inputs which the limit is 5 on Velleman board.

Either way the final answer is he can have a maximum of 5 bits in and 8 bits out.

Thanks for pointing that fact one board only per instance of software packages.

Di più
03/05/2018 14:07 #85073 da MB SOFT
When its needed to interface MB STUDIO with modern equipments do not forget that you can also use the MIDI interface to remote MB STUDIO.

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme

Di più
03/05/2018 14:22 #85074 da teutoradio
Where can i find more Information about midi? I have the problem, that our mixer console give for "start" bit 1 and also for "stop" bit1. The result = Open the fader ( start ) will start the next song, but if i close the fader ( stop ) again bit 1 will be active and the next song will start. We use a Wheatstone DMX. Can you explain how to use MB Rdio with midi??

Di più
03/05/2018 14:42 #85075 da MB SOFT
You can use any MIDI to Keyboard software converter and then go to MBStudio\Configuration\Options\Keyboard and configure the keys as you like:

Some user like Bome MIDI Translator Pro and someone posted instructions in italian: www.mediastreamsolution.com/index.php/bl...n-un-controller-midi

Allegati:

Tempo creazione pagina: 0.075 secondi

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB Studio trasforma il computer in una stazione radio. Suona, mixa, sovrappone automaticamente voce e musica, jingles, pubblicita', notiziari. Riproduce stazioni radio web o satellitari e scarica automaticamente notiziari o rubriche da internet. Oltre al player multitraccia, include anche un CD audio ripper. La versione PRO Incorpora anche un jukebox musicale automatico via sms e/o emails.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER PRO comprende un registratore audio con schedulatore dedicato, trasmissione Webcast verso qualunque server Shoutcast, Icecast o Windows Media, funzione AutoDJ che permette di suonare files casuali da una lista di 4 cartelle, ricevitore URL che vi permette di registrare un qualunque flusso audio esterno o ritrasmetterlo al vostro server (transcoder), un convertitore di files audio da/a qualunque formato.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE è un software per la trasmissione di audio \ video in diretta da postazione esterna a studio centrale. Questo programma, sfrutta una qualsiasi connessione TCPIP. E' fornito gratuitamente insieme al programma MB STUDIO PRO.