AAC streaming not working with latest version of Shoutcast (2.6)

• GTHvidsten
  • Autore
01/10/2018 19:25 #86186 da GTHvidsten
I upgraded my Shoutcast server from 2.5 to 2.6, and now MBRecaster won't stream any AAC streams any more.
In the log file I get "source disconnected. Unable to sync to the stream. Please check the source is valid and in a supported format.". Even though it mentions "supported format", Shoutcast does support AAC streams.
When first installing my SC server I also had problems streaming AAC, but this was fixed by installing Quicktime. The only change now is the SC version.

How can I get AAC streaming working again?

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Di più
01/10/2018 19:42 #86187 da MB SOFT
Are you meaning AAC or AAC+? Because MB RECASTER use AAC+ for rates up to 96kbits and AAC for rate from 128 and up.

Did you tried boths?

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme

• GTHvidsten
  • Autore
01/10/2018 19:44 #86188 da GTHvidsten
I only tried AAC (tried 128 and 256), and those didn't work. I didn't try AAC+ as the bitrate is a bit too low for my taste.

Di più
01/10/2018 19:46 #86189 da MB SOFT
i don't have a shoutcast server version 2.6 right now so maybe if you send me privately an account for your server i'll do some test here to check what's happening

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme

Di più
01/10/2018 20:14 - 01/10/2018 20:14 #86190 da MB SOFT
I searched on google about a 2.6 version of Shotucast DNAS but not found. Are you sure it's 2.6 version? where did you downlaod it from?

Ultima Modifica 01/10/2018 20:14 da MB SOFT.

• GTHvidsten
  • Autore
01/10/2018 20:41 #86191 da GTHvidsten
I go to www.shoutcast.com/ then I log on in the upper right corner. When logged on I click my name at the top right, then choose "Manage your plan". From there I can "Download Shoutcast Server Software (2.6.0)".

I only have one available stream on my server, and I usually listen to it actively, so if I'm going to give you access we should set up some sort of private live chat so that I can make changes on the fly without having to go a day without music.

Di più
01/10/2018 20:50 #86192 da MB SOFT
i will try to download and install the server here on my system and i will let you know the results

Di più
01/10/2018 21:18 - 01/10/2018 21:19 #86193 da MB SOFT
i downloaded the server and in my opinion that version has a bug, do not support aac+ or aac streams, not only from MB RECASTER but also form any other encoder. So you have to wait that they fix the bug or reinstall the previous version of the server.

Ultima Modifica 01/10/2018 21:19 da MB SOFT.

• GTHvidsten
  • Autore
02/10/2018 16:43 #86196 da GTHvidsten
I created a support request with Shoutcast and their reply was that 2.6 is still in beta. Hopefully they'll fix this AAC issue in the final release.
After switching to 2.6 (and switching to MP3 streaming) my stream is much more stable than I reported here . Seeing as I changed two things I can't really tell if the micro stuttering comes from the server upgrade or the switch to MP3. Due to this stability increase I'll stick with the beta for now.

Di più
02/10/2018 19:02 #86199 da MB SOFT
latest version of shoutcast server do nto seems to be very stable, maybe you should think about a move to icecast. If you're stream from your own internet connection you can also test the stream aac with the internal server of MB RECASTER and see what happen

• GTHvidsten
  • Autore
02/10/2018 21:56 #86201 da GTHvidsten
I looked into Icecast, but they don't officially support AAC. I've read that people have succeeded with AAC and Icecast, but the details are a bit lacking.
Have you been able to stream AAC to Icecast? If yes, is it a default installation of Icecast2, or do I need to do something special?

Di più
02/10/2018 22:08 - 02/10/2018 22:09 #86202 da MB SOFT
You can stream with icecast and aac or aac+.

Here my test stream icecast aac 128k

178.32.136.9:9033/stream

and the server version is here:

178.32.136.9:9033/server_version.xsl

Ultima Modifica 02/10/2018 22:09 da MB SOFT.

Tempo creazione pagina: 0.067 secondi

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB Studio trasforma il computer in una stazione radio. Suona, mixa, sovrappone automaticamente voce e musica, jingles, pubblicita', notiziari. Riproduce stazioni radio web o satellitari e scarica automaticamente notiziari o rubriche da internet. Oltre al player multitraccia, include anche un CD audio ripper. La versione PRO Incorpora anche un jukebox musicale automatico via sms e/o emails.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER PRO comprende un registratore audio con schedulatore dedicato, trasmissione Webcast verso qualunque server Shoutcast, Icecast o Windows Media, funzione AutoDJ che permette di suonare files casuali da una lista di 4 cartelle, ricevitore URL che vi permette di registrare un qualunque flusso audio esterno o ritrasmetterlo al vostro server (transcoder), un convertitore di files audio da/a qualunque formato.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE è un software per la trasmissione di audio \ video in diretta da postazione esterna a studio centrale. Questo programma, sfrutta una qualsiasi connessione TCPIP. E' fornito gratuitamente insieme al programma MB STUDIO PRO.