MB Recaster - Can you increase the dealy for sending song title meta info?

• bootika
  • Autore
29/08/2020 16:55 #91052 da bootika
Hello,

Could you please increase de available delay for sending the song title (metadata) in MB Recaster (Free)?

Now is set to a maximum of 5 seconds. My suggestion is at least 15 seconds.

Thank you

Si prega Accedi o Crea un account a partecipare alla conversazione.

Di più
02/09/2020 19:09 #91067 da MB SOFT
can i ask you why you need a so big delay?

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme

• bootika
  • Autore
03/09/2020 08:37 #91069 da bootika
Because, based on my observations, the minimum buffer size on apps and playing devices is 10 seconds, with some of them reaching 30 seconds. So why not give the option to set it above 5 seconds? It's just a setting, after all :)
Thanks

Di più
03/09/2020 16:55 - 03/09/2020 16:58 #91070 da MB SOFT
there is a problem, if there is a metadata change in that interval that metadata will be lost ... so if you set a delay of 15 seconds and you play a jingle of less than 15 seconds length the following song metadata is lost (because there is already a metadata waiting to be sent).

vlc has abuffer of 5 seconds and AFAIK major players do not have more than 5 seconds buffer for audio streams and usually they buffer the metadata along with audio so they are in sync.

so it's not so simple

changing that value you will get jeopardized results

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Ultima Modifica 03/09/2020 16:58 da MB SOFT.

• bootika
  • Autore
03/09/2020 17:25 #91072 da bootika
You really should set a queue for the new metadata somehow, because there are lots of jingles or sweepers of less than 5 seconds. I think you have a problem of implementation rather than no use for this setting :))

Di più
03/09/2020 17:42 #91073 da MB SOFT
yes there is already a queue of 10 elements that's enough for 5 seconds buffer but to change to 15 seconds i have to modify other things so will not be for tomorrow morning :)

• bootika
  • Autore
03/09/2020 17:46 #91074 da bootika
:))) ok. When, and if you got the time to implement it someday. it's a nice to have feature, not must have one. Thanks for taking your time to discuss it with me!

Tempo creazione pagina: 0.068 secondi

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB Studio trasforma il computer in una stazione radio. Suona, mixa, sovrappone automaticamente voce e musica, jingles, pubblicita', notiziari. Riproduce stazioni radio web o satellitari e scarica automaticamente notiziari o rubriche da internet. Oltre al player multitraccia, include anche un CD audio ripper. La versione PRO Incorpora anche un jukebox musicale automatico via sms e/o emails.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER PRO comprende un registratore audio con schedulatore dedicato, trasmissione Webcast verso qualunque server Shoutcast, Icecast o Windows Media, funzione AutoDJ che permette di suonare files casuali da una lista di 4 cartelle, ricevitore URL che vi permette di registrare un qualunque flusso audio esterno o ritrasmetterlo al vostro server (transcoder), un convertitore di files audio da/a qualunque formato.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE è un software per la trasmissione di audio \ video in diretta da postazione esterna a studio centrale. Questo programma, sfrutta una qualsiasi connessione TCPIP. E' fornito gratuitamente insieme al programma MB STUDIO PRO.