Inside the MBStudio folder there is a folder called Replace. Replacement files can be stored in this folder which will be broadcast when a file programmed in a playlist, minilist or time sequence is missing.
This function is especially useful to remedy the occasional absence of files that are automatically downloaded from the internet or sent remotely.
It works as follows:
- when a file is missing, MB STUDIO searches the Replace folder for a folder with the name of the playlist or minilist or time sequence to which the file belongs.
- If this folder exists MB STUDIO searches within this folder for a file with the same name as the original file
- If a file with the same name as the original file does not exist, then MB STUDIO randomly chooses one of the files present in the folder
- in the playlist entitled "Radioshow" the file "hitparade1.mp3" is programmed
- If for some reason the hitparade1.mp3 file is missing, MB STUDIO will search the "Replace\Radioshow\" folder for a file with the same name, namely hitparade1.mp3
- If Replace\Radioshow\hitparade1.mp3 is absent then one of the files present in Replace\Radioshow will be randomly selected
It is therefore possible to prepare alternative files that MB STUDIO will randomly reproduce when the original file is missing
- the Replace folder is not available via MB REMOTE
- the Replace folder is only available for playlist, minilist and time sequence files, it does not perform replacements for other types of files such as songs or covers
- the Replace folder cannot be moved elsewhere and must be inside the MBStudio folder
- an error message is still displayed that the original file is missing