MB STUDIO PRO includes a TEMPO function that uses 2 different techniques to arrive punctually at scheduled TEMPO appointments set in the agenda possibly without prematurely cutting a song
- Time stretch changes a song so that it plays at a faster or slower speed than the original, without affecting the pitch of the song. According to the needs, MB STUDIO PRO modifies the playback speed of the songs broadcast in the previous 45 minutes. The variation applied varies between -4 and + 4% and is automatically calculated and managed by MB STUDIO PRO. Time strecht can be activated or deactivated in Configuration \ Options. When the TIme strech is deactivated MB STUDIO PRO uses only the technique of random files filled in
- Random files cataloged with "TEMPO" genre and of short duration (maximum 1 minute). If necessary, will be used as fillers to get to the preset time point (they can be promotional messages, short jingles or effects or backing tracks)
Let's see an example: exactly at 09:00:00 we want to brodcast a break with the hourly announcement + news bulletin. If at 09:00: we activate the Agenda - Internal Command - "Tempo" option MB STUDIO PRO will do everything possible to end the song as close as possible to 09:00:00 so that the time will be respected and possibly without prematurely cutting the song..
How it activates?
- via Agenda \ Internal Command in MB STUDIO PRO
When the Tempo effect is applied to the current broadcasting song, the value applied is shown in the CPU box
What results are obtained?
The TEMPO function generates 3 possible results:
- the song ends on time.
- the song ends earlier than expected and random files with genre "TEMPO" are inserted
- the song delays too much and is faded out (after having played anyway beyond the half).
The result is better if:
- The songs in the playlist are of dance pop rock genre and radio edit version (duration about 3 or 4 minutes)
- If one or more random files with genre "TEMPO" and of short duration (in any case not exceeding 1 minute) are loaded,
- There aren't too many playlist changes in the 45 minutes prior to the hourly appointment. Any modification to the playlist (insertion / deletion of items) forces MB STUDIO PRO to recalculate the speeds and may not be able to respect the hourly appointment.
- There are no other breaks in the 15 minutes prior to the hourly appointment.
- If in Configuration \ Options the "Time Stretch" function is active