DPS1 and DPS2 will be extended to the maximum amount of 254 characters in the next update.
1) The number of characters for the RDS is limited to about 128. Isn`t there any possibility to increase this value to 256 or to use a second "DPS", i.e. DPS3 when the number of characters is higher than 128. I.e. after DPS2 the song and artist in DPS1 is displayed and then if existing DPS3 with another text is displayed and then DPS1 with the artist and song title again and so on. (DPS2 -DPS1-DPS3-DPS1-DPS4-DPS1-DPS5-DPS1-DPSn ...) DPS1 is artist and title information only.
DSPS1 can work static text (set by you) or dynamic text (MB STUDIO will autofill the string with artist - title)
2) I really made a lot of tests without a result. It seems that one time we program the "DPS1" that the artist and title from i.e. M:\\MBStudio\.... is shown in the RDS it`s impossible to touch any more to "DPS1" or to work with "DPS1". It`s programmed that "DPS1" refers directly to M:\\MBStudio\.... where in a text file the recent played title and artist is shown. If we try to work with DPS1 the artist and song title aren`t shown any more. For a few month we didn`t touch to DPS1 and it works without a problem. The DPS1 file information was sent one time to the rds encoder. We only have the possibility to work with DPS2. We want to show two different texts with the "Artist - Title" between it or at least one text with about 256 characters and then the "Artist - Title"
I'll look into it for the next update, however rds is generally not long text.
3) Doesn`t there exist any code like %Artist% %Title% or something like that to show the recent played song during the text, i.e. "Now on Air %Artist% %Title% on Radio xyz" or is there the only possibility to work with "DPS1" to show the Artist and Title.
I don't understand this question.
4) It`s not very easy to type the text for the rds. We don`t see any separation after 8 characters. We have to count each character because we want that the words are well displayed in the display which shows as you know 8 characters. We want if possible that words starts at the beginning of the display. Isn`t there any possibility to clearly separate each 8 characters during the programmation?
Not for now, i'll look into it for the future.
5) Isn`t there a possibility to replace characters. I.e. if we dont want that it is displayed "Artist - Title" but if we want that it`s displayed "Artist * Title" or if we want to replace "Request" if the song is an sms request with another word?
6) Isn`t there a possibility that the "Artist - Title" is centered in the middle of the display of 8 characters?
I never tested so populated database, if you send me the debug i'll look what's the problem.
7) We have a database of 114.000 songs !!! You wrote that it will extremly slow down the database. We work very well with 114.000 songs (2GB RAM) and you can really make puplicity that your program is very good for databases over 100.000 songs. I know normally the database is limited to 20.000 songs. We only have one little problem. When we click on songs and that we see the 114.000 songs and that we want to sort it by rate not all the 114.000 songs are well sorted. 95 % of the songs are well sorted but at the end of the list the rates are not well sorted. I.e. we have rates between 1-255 at the beginning of the list and after that a few songs have rate 55 and 73 and so on. I am sure its only because we have so much songs and that the songs are well sorted in smaller databases.
No, it's not possible ... it would need to rebuild the gui ... there will be a 1280x1024 gui in the next versions ... the history window will be more visible.
Sometimes our announcers have problems when they want to announce the last played song. It`s shown on the top of the screen but when the song is over it is deleted at that place. Isn`t there any possibility to show the last played song on top. It`s easier for the announcer. I know that the last played song is shown on your right side at the bottom of the screen in the history but it`s not a perfect solution.
I had some try but occasionally malformed tag caused MB STUDIO to crash, so for stability reasons i decided to delay the read of picture from id3tag .. i'll try again in the future.
9) in the newer music the song cover is integrated in the id3tag. It seams that mb studio isn`t able to display that cover which is displayed in the id3tag. Isn`t there any possibility to show those covers or to extrate it automatically from the id3tag to the folder where all the covers are. Are the cover information in the folder "pictures" written in the id3tag of the songs which were a good idea or not?
We used the Magic Software of Pira before. In that software a lot of things worked which doesn`t work with MB Studio (center text, replace characters, more characters). We use the software of MB studio because in the "agenda" it`s possible to program for each minute and day or date different texts. Every minute it`s possible to change texts. That`s the reason why we use MB Studio to program the rds. I`m sure that Maurizio is doing his best to do modifications.
Why you don't use the Magic Software of PIRA???