A few questions about MB Studio

• Topic Author
19 Oct 2010 16:03 #51583 by
Hi Maurizio,

1) In older versions, in this case 8.33, it was possible to set the rate for the songs between 1-9 but it was also possible to manually put the rate to 10 - 255. MB Studio accepted those rates between 10-255 and MB Studio managed also those rates. In the newest versions MB Studio doesn`t accept rates between 10 to 255. Is it really not possible to manually put rates 10 - 255 in the future versions. We worked very good with that rate - system. It has a lot of advantages for our station. I know there are the same possibilitys when we work with "Comment".

2) If only rates 1-9 exists we have to define it via the "comment" field. With every tag editor we have access to that field and it`s always possible not do do attention and to delete or to replace that field and we never find the category of those songs again. Isn`t there any possibility to work with the other fields when we define the "random song". We have 2 other field "Lyricist" and "Label" which we could use.  Is it possible to integrate those 2 fields in "Random songs" in future versions?

3) I heard that songs which are defined rate 10 are more often played as songs which have the rate 1. Is that really true?

4) If languages for the songs have never been defined, if we want a completely new language, how is it possible to define new languages. I know, when other languages have been defined in older versions we have to put exactly the same language in languages (xyz.lng) and MB Studio accepted it. But if I make a completely new language never defined before (abc.lng) MB Studio does not accept it. What should we do?

5) I know I already asked you the following but I try again :). In "Random files" we define the publicities under "Pub01" , "Pub02" , ... ,  "Pub30". In MB soft we programmed that files once for the whole week. When a new publicity arrived we put that publicity in for example "Pub01" with an expiration date. When the broadcast of that publicity is over we simply put another publicity in "Pub01". Because "Pub01" has been already onced programmed in MB Spot it`s very easy to change publicities without a lot of work. When the publicity has to be stopped at a defined date at 16:00 hour it isn`t possible without a lot of work. We have to manually program the last sending date because it shall stop at 16:00. Is it really not possible in future versions to define not only the expiration date but also the expiration time. If yes we have not a lot of work to change publicities.

6) For the receiving of emails in the time MB Studio was updating the emails every 2 minutes. Isn`t it possible that the user define that time himself, for an example every 20 secondes or can you define that time to 30 secondes because 2 minutes is too long for receiving song requests.

7) Is it possible to exclude more "genre" in "random song". At the moment we can only exclude 1 "genre". Is it possible to change that in newer versions?

8) In version 8.33 the limit of songs is really only 128.000 songs. I set the value from 20.000 as defined to 200.000 as you explained me but MB Studio really only accepted 128.000 songs. You wrote to me that that limit doesn`t exist, but I have tested it in version 8.33. Did you ever make the practical test to enter more than 128.000 songs. We havn`t yet installed the newest version. Are you really sure that in that version there is no limit of 128.000 songs?

9) Is the problem already solved that MB Studio accept to make visible the covers (jpg) which are already put in the tag by the distributor of mp3s. Can MB Studio manage those covers (jpg).

We are really satisfied of MB Studio and we recommand that program to other local radio stations in Luxembourg. There are only those things which are a little bit ennoying but we can live with if no change is technically possible.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Dean
Radio LNW
www.radiolnw.lu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2010 00:00 - 20 Oct 2010 00:08 #51606 by MB SOFT
Replied by MB SOFT on topic Re: A few questions about MB Studio

In older versions, in this case 8.33, it was possible to set the rate for the songs between 1-9 but it was also possible to manually put the rate to 10 - 255. MB Studio accepted those rates between 10-255 and MB Studio managed also those rates. In the newest versions MB Studio doesn`t accept rates between 10 to 255. Is it really not possible to manually put rates 10 - 255 in the future versions. We worked very good with that rate - system. It has a lot of advantages for our station. I know there are the same possibilitys when we work with "Comment".

No, actually accepeted rates goes from 1 to 10. Also please note that now the rate affect the weight of the song. Ex: a song rated 10 will play about 10 times more than a song rated 0 or 1. So, be aware that rate must be used with caution and will affect your radio station music rotation.

If only rates 1-9 exists we have to define it via the "comment" field. With every tag editor we have access to that field and it`s always possible not do do attention and to delete or to replace that field and we never find the category of those songs again. Isn`t there any possibility to work with the other fields when we define the "random song". We have 2 other field "Lyricist" and "Label" which we could use.  Is it possible to integrate those 2 fields in "Random songs" in future versions?

I'll look about it.

4) If languages for the songs have never been defined, if we want a completely new language, how is it possible to define new languages. I know, when other languages have been defined in older versions we have to put exactly the same language in languages (xyz.lng) and MB Studio accepted it. But if I make a completely new language never defined before (abc.lng) MB Studio does not accept it. What should we do?

For now see here:
www.mbradio.it/public/forum/index.php?to...33.msg51575#msg51575

For the next update i'm working to a more international friendly version that will include 255 languages.

I know I already asked you the following but I try again :). In "Random files" we define the publicities under "Pub01" , "Pub02" , ... ,  "Pub30". In MB soft we programmed that files once for the whole week. When a new publicity arrived we put that publicity in for example "Pub01" with an expiration date. When the broadcast of that publicity is over we simply put another publicity in "Pub01". Because "Pub01" has been already onced programmed in MB Spot it`s very easy to change publicities without a lot of work. When the publicity has to be stopped at a defined date at 16:00 hour it isn`t possible without a lot of work. We have to manually program the last sending date because it shall stop at 16:00. Is it really not possible in future versions to define not only the expiration date but also the expiration time. If yes we have not a lot of work to change publicities.

I think you're taliking of this schedule system?
www.mbradio.it/public/forum/index.php?topic=8009.0
If so, you can also schedule the broadcast time.
Forget me if i misunderstood. Maybe you could add some screenshot to better understand your question.

For the receiving of emails in the time MB Studio was updating the emails every 2 minutes. Isn`t it possible that the user define that time himself, for an example every 20 secondes or can you define that time to 30 secondes because 2 minutes is too long for receiving song requests.

There are already so many regulations in MB STUDIO that i'll prefer to avoid any detail configuration.
Usually a song duration is about 3 minutes, so 2 minutes is a resonable interval to collect another song request.

7) Is it possible to exclude more "genre" in "random song". At the moment we can only exclude 1 "genre". Is it possible to change that in newer versions?

Very difficult to do for now, but i'll try.

8) In version 8.33 the limit of songs is really only 128.000 songs. I set the value from 20.000 as defined to 200.000 as you explained me but MB Studio really only accepted 128.000 songs. You wrote to me that that limit doesn`t exist, but I have tested it in version 8.33. Did you ever make the practical test to enter more than 128.000 songs. We havn`t yet installed the newest version. Are you really sure that in that version there is no limit of 128.000 songs?

In my code there is nothing limiting the database to that number, but the limit could be imposed by the system resources (phisical memory, virtual memory)

Is the problem already solved that MB Studio accept to make visible the covers (jpg) which are already put in the tag by the distributor of mp3s. Can MB Studio manage those covers (jpg).

No, for now MB STUDIO don't read embedded album picture. However there are really good tag utilities that can extract the pictures on the fly from all your files and put it in the MBStudio\Pictures in few seconds.

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Last edit: 20 Oct 2010 00:08 by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB STUDIO is a radio automation software that will allow you to create and manage your own radio station playing all your media files: jingles, commercials, news, songs, Files from internet, live streams, live inputs from your sound card, satellite feeds. Automatically download news and shows from Internet. Multiple overlapping files and/or live sources (mic, line, aux). Voice tracking. Integrated CD Ripper. Integrated jukebox to play songs requested via sms / email messages. Display current playlist on your web site.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER features an audio recorder with scheduler, a webcast module to send streams to any Shoutcast, Icecast or Windows Media server, AutoDJ function to play randomly your own audio files from up to 4 folders, a stream receiver allowing to record or recast to your server (transcoder), an audio converter from/to any format.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE is a software that stream a live audio\video feed from any place to an MB STUDIO PRO automation in the main radio studio. MB LIVE make use of a TCPIP connection. This program is free for MB STUDIO PRO users