Playlist

More
10 May 2017 15:43 #82573 by teutoradio
Playlist was created by teutoradio
Hello!

Is there a way, to plan a music hour ( playlist ) with named title and also the commercial breaks and all other events from MB Spot.
I know I can generate the random song in the future. But is there a was to see also all mb spot breaks in the playlist editor in advanced?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2017 15:46 #82574 by MB SOFT
Replied by MB SOFT on topic Playlist
No, sorry, there is no way. But you can schedule a break inside a playlist if you want.

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Attachments:

More
10 May 2017 19:36 #82578 by paul03034
Replied by paul03034 on topic Playlist
I'll toss my two cents in while I am confused to exact questions or why you wish to do it that way.
Right off the answer without playing would be not possible, but I give a possible answer and its problems below.
Don't be upset if you spend time trying and it fails as it is just thinking out loud.

I'm making this up as I type so this is not known if it would even work period, as you would have to test my thoughts that I am typing here..
Whatever the case when 59:59 comes, whatever you are doing in the MB Spot Hour will ends/stop as that's the maximum break time and you'll sound bad, so you will always need to be short of using the hour up, but where do you go from that.
You need a hour playlist of random songs to go to from MB Spot.
This breaks and music that you want to do all in MB Spot cannot be done due to this and you have to go to a playlist without sounding bad.

Again I don't do this and not sure it would work or work well and does not stay all within MB Spot.
How I do it is after this is detailed below.
Create a playlist with a couple random songs and make sure non-Create new minilist and put number of random songs you wish to play in that minilist. I'll use three average of 3 minutes each (which would probably equal 9-12 minutes music) and save minilist as "3 random songs" or whatever you want to name it
Open MB spot and pick your hour you want (I'll use 1:00) Don't force any times and set break length time for 59:59
First item add the minilist you just saved
next item if you want commercial put that and load your hour but remember when you hit 59:59 whatever is playing will end. (BAD)
Since song lengths vary this is the issue if you go long in the hour. Your song or commercial ends and the next hour in MB Spot will start and why it is not a wise choice to attempt this as I see it.
MB Spot is really for spots and shows that you know the exact lengths. I do random files to pick various spots from same advertiser or rotate various commercials.

Here is what I do right now as a test. You could create a hour playlist for each hour you want a commercial or commercials in.
Random Song
Random Song
Weather temp
Random Song
Commercial (specific or Random)
Random Song
Random Song
Random Song
Commercial (Specific or Random)
MB Spot top of hour break which is news and weather with sponsor
MB Spot for 1 hour and 30 minute shows which is never exceed 59:59
The above is not full detail as it fills an hour using songs, time, weather, PSA's, and news.

You can hear what I am doing at www.wqnh.org, then pick the stream rate you want.
At 8:00 AM Eastern Time M-F I go to internet stream for a hour news show, which is called in MB Spot. The break is forced as show starts at exact time.

Second question answer is no I believe, you need to map it out on paper or simply look at MB Spot grid.
You know playlist is playing music. MB Spot grid shows you where your breaks are and what is in the break, so not sure about seeing in advance.
Up in the right side of main screen it tells you the next break title and time which you see with playlist on screen.

Hope this helps!

More
10 May 2017 21:07 #82580 by teutoradio
Replied by teutoradio on topic Playlist
I ask for it, because if i create an hour with voice tracks, the commercials will not start at the exact slot.

For example:

Planned:

Song 1
Song 2
Voice Track
Song 3
Voice Track announce Song 4
Song 4
Commercial Break
Song 5

In real:
Song 1
Song 2
Voice track
Song 3
Voice Track annound Song 4
Commercial Break ( wrong because the air talent tells that song 4 will be heard, but commercials will be on air )
Song 4

This happen, because the commercial will be put in later from MB Spot.

Don't know how to handle it.

More
10 May 2017 21:47 #82581 by paul03034
Replied by paul03034 on topic Playlist
Calling spot in a playlist would not work for you?
I am calling PSA commercials in my playlist which is random files, but I could call specific ones by building each hour in playlist.
I run weekdays and weekend playlists right now.
I didn't think about voice-track, but building your template in playlist editor for each hour to include specific spots for that hour would work around this maybe, forgetting about MB Spot?

Second if it is because sometimes (Not always) it has Voice-Track before a break, I would think you could check off do not run if preceding a break would just have song play and then break and back to song, so occasionally you would lose a Voice-Track.
Not sure of all the functions with voice-track, but it is interesting as I will soon be doing something similar maybe?

Seems creating hourly playlists with spots would solve problem as long as you don't have to hit exact time for spots.
Due to MB Spot running breaks and running spots in playlist I check off drop if preceding break so certain things don't happen that would sound wrong.

More
10 May 2017 22:36 - 10 May 2017 22:43 #82584 by MB SOFT
Replied by MB SOFT on topic Playlist

teutoradio wrote: I ask for it, because if i create an hour with voice tracks, the commercials will not start at the exact slot.

Voice Track annound Song 4
Commercial Break ( wrong because the air talent tells that song 4 will be heard, but commercials will be on air )
Song 4

This happen, because the commercial will be put in later from MB Spot.

Don't know how to handle it.

That's strange. This should not happen because the voice track items has a property flag saying "Do not add anything after this object".

when this flag is enabled the voice track is linked to the following item and MB SPOT breaks will not break this link. So the voice track can announce the following song without any problem.

If this is not happening to you maybe you have disabled this flag on voice track items

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 May 2017 22:43 by MB SOFT.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB STUDIO is a radio automation software that will allow you to create and manage your own radio station playing all your media files: jingles, commercials, news, songs, Files from internet, live streams, live inputs from your sound card, satellite feeds. Automatically download news and shows from Internet. Multiple overlapping files and/or live sources (mic, line, aux). Voice tracking. Integrated CD Ripper. Integrated jukebox to play songs requested via sms / email messages. Display current playlist on your web site.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER features an audio recorder with scheduler, a webcast module to send streams to any Shoutcast, Icecast or Windows Media server, AutoDJ function to play randomly your own audio files from up to 4 folders, a stream receiver allowing to record or recast to your server (transcoder), an audio converter from/to any format.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE is a software that stream a live audio\video feed from any place to an MB STUDIO PRO automation in the main radio studio. MB LIVE make use of a TCPIP connection. This program is free for MB STUDIO PRO users