Velleman and Delay Event

More
12 May 2017 17:53 - 12 May 2017 18:05 #82603 by paul03034
Velleman and Delay Event was created by paul03034
I am trying to use Velleman and I noticed that if I try to enable bit 1-8 in using delay event the screen says it is sending enable bit x but never reaches the Velman board.
If I do same in an audio file it works just fine.

Next if I do a enable bit x in audio and follow it with delay event it says it is sending enable bit x, but it never reaches board.

When I say never reaches board, I mean the command does not make it to USB port that Velleman is plugged into to command port. The LED on outputs never light up with delay event or a delay event following a bit enable event.
They light using a song with a bit enabled works fine as it lights up.

Thank you!
Last edit: 12 May 2017 18:05 by paul03034.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2017 23:30 #82605 by MB SOFT
Replied by MB SOFT on topic Velleman and Delay Event
Remember that the bit is only enbaled for 1 second or less ...if you want the bit to stay enabled until you disable it please enable also the flag: "Wait for Disable Bit"

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Attachments:

More
13 May 2017 00:24 #82607 by paul03034
Replied by paul03034 on topic Velleman and Delay Event
OK, so I ran several tests and this is what I found.

I had to restart MB Studio and LED came on for 1-2 seconds with event following it when programmed to enable that bit
After doing this many times, various things in MB Studio it stopped and I had to exit MB Studio and start again.

Next problem I am creating using Velleman and bit enable with delay event
I am pausing MB Studio at the end of a bit enabled audio file so you hear the whole bit enabled audio announcement.
At the same time at the end of the bit enabled audio announcement I am starting an external audio device
When it pauses MB Studio the next events audio is slightly heard (A Blip of sound)
When the external equipment finishes it does a contact closure and un-pauses MB Studio and starts playing the next event
I thought to eliminate the Blip of audio I would add a delay of a second or so, but the delay un-pauses MB Studio while the external audio device is still playing
I have to use the contact closure from the external device to un-pause because I don't know how long the audio will be when it is needed (Variable time)

Any thoughts of how to do this cleanly?

Thank you!

More
13 May 2017 12:58 - 13 May 2017 13:05 #82611 by MB SOFT

paul03034 wrote: I had to restart MB Studio and LED came on for 1-2 seconds with event following it when programmed to enable that bit
After doing this many times, various things in MB Studio it stopped and I had to exit MB Studio and start again.

That's strange. Is there any other software accessing the Velleman at the same time other than MB STUDIO? When MB STUDIO stops to send commands to Velleman, try to open the Velleman test program and see if it works from there (without exiting MB STUDIO)

Next problem I am creating using Velleman and bit enable with delay event
I am pausing MB Studio at the end of a bit enabled audio file so you hear the whole bit enabled audio announcement.
At the same time at the end of the bit enabled audio announcement I am starting an external audio device
When it pauses MB Studio the next events audio is slightly heard (A Blip of sound)
When the external equipment finishes it does a contact closure and un-pauses MB Studio and starts playing the next event
I thought to eliminate the Blip of audio I would add a delay of a second or so, but the delay un-pauses MB Studio while the external audio device is still playing
I have to use the contact closure from the external device to un-pause because I don't know how long the audio will be when it is needed (Variable time)
Any thoughts of how to do this cleanly?
Thank you!

Instead of pausing MB STUDIO why don't you STOP MB STUDIO and then restart it with AUTOMATIC? Is the external device capable to close 2 different contacts? (one for start and another when finished).
If not you have another simply solution:
1) in Setup \ keyboard \ remove all the bits configuration you made
2) in Setup \ Audio \ EXT configure one external source to a mute input of your audio card and open the property and set START with BIT1 and STOP with BIT1 (ex)

Now every time the BIT1 is fired the EXT will be automatically ON AIR, another BIT1 and the EXT is faded out and the playlist continue from where it was.

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 May 2017 13:05 by MB SOFT.

More
15 May 2017 02:17 - 15 May 2017 02:18 #82615 by paul03034
Good alternatives, but in my situation the audio output is downstream of MB Studio. I tried the stop and automatic, but still got the blip of audio.

I found a workaround using delay again and silence audio in a minilist
Create minilist
first line audio file to announce the occurrence of the downstream audio event
second line delay event with bit triggers at end of delay 1 second for trigger external audio bit 7 and bit 6 looped back to input bit 1 assigned to pause
third line two second silence audio file with flag set to not run gap detection
external audio does a contact closure at finish which is also attached to input bit 1 to unpause MB Studio

The main issue was that after many runs, the communications between MB Studio and the Velleman card would just stop and I had to close and open MB Studio to get it working again. This was the initial problem of delay not working, as it turned out delay did work and then would stop after time.

I found that after I loaded the Velleman DLL file K8055D.dll in \Windows\SysWOW64 folder and rebooted computer the problem went away and I have run 100's of calls to the board and no issues.
I am using the VM110N

Hope this info helps someone.

Thanks!
Last edit: 15 May 2017 02:18 by paul03034.

More
15 May 2017 02:43 - 15 May 2017 02:43 #82619 by MB SOFT

paul03034 wrote:
The main issue was that after many runs, the communications between MB Studio and the Velleman card would just stop and I had to close and open MB Studio to get it working again. This was the initial problem of delay not working, as it turned out delay did work and then would stop after time.

I found that after I loaded the Velleman DLL file K8055D.dll in \Windows\SysWOW64 folder and rebooted computer the problem went away and I have run 100's of calls to the board and no issues.

Thank you for sharing this information. So everyone having the same problem should check to not have another k8055d.dll somewhere in the system folder.

Last edit: 15 May 2017 02:43 by MB SOFT.

More
15 May 2017 03:04 #82622 by paul03034
I actually had to go to Velleman site and get the K8055D.dll file for the board and install it.
I am running 64 bit system so it went in the Windows/sysWOW64 folder/directory.
Windows 32 bit systems should be placed in the \Windows\System32 folder

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB STUDIO is a radio automation software that will allow you to create and manage your own radio station playing all your media files: jingles, commercials, news, songs, Files from internet, live streams, live inputs from your sound card, satellite feeds. Automatically download news and shows from Internet. Multiple overlapping files and/or live sources (mic, line, aux). Voice tracking. Integrated CD Ripper. Integrated jukebox to play songs requested via sms / email messages. Display current playlist on your web site.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER features an audio recorder with scheduler, a webcast module to send streams to any Shoutcast, Icecast or Windows Media server, AutoDJ function to play randomly your own audio files from up to 4 folders, a stream receiver allowing to record or recast to your server (transcoder), an audio converter from/to any format.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE is a software that stream a live audio\video feed from any place to an MB STUDIO PRO automation in the main radio studio. MB LIVE make use of a TCPIP connection. This program is free for MB STUDIO PRO users