Two Dongles at once

More
19 May 2017 14:04 #82721 by paul03034
Two Dongles at once was created by paul03034
Hello,
I don't know if this is new because I never really paid attention. I just noticed that when I launch ReCaster Pro & MB Studio Pro Dongles attached and then go to launch MB Studio that MB Studio does not see Dongle and does not run the purchased options, only the demo functions. It does not do automatic for example.
I pulled the ReCaster Dongle while Recaster Pro was loaded and then I can launch MB Studio Pro with all functions.
I am looking at using it for timed record schedule of internet audio stream of shows I will air.

This brings to fact that I cannot find way in MB Studio to record an external source other than the automation play-out

I see in MB Spot an excellent recorder with lots of features, but one needed feature. A scheduled record ability.
I see vox function for start and stop (Great Idea!). Audio source for record (Great Idea!) but it has only manual record ability.

I think it would be an even more excellent with a timer/schedule function added like your other recorders. Seconds would be even greater product for time record on any of the products record functions.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2017 14:10 - 19 May 2017 14:14 #82722 by MB RADIO
Replied by MB RADIO on topic Two Dongles at once

paul03034 wrote: I just noticed that when I launch ReCaster Pro & MB Studio Pro Dongles attached and then go to launch MB Studio that MB Studio does not see Dongle and does not run the purchased options, only the demo functions. It does not do automatic for example.
I pulled the ReCaster Dongle while Recaster Pro was loaded and then I can launch MB Studio Pro with all functions.
I am looking at using it for timed record schedule of internet audio stream of shows I will air.
This brings to fact that I cannot find way in MB Studio to record an external source other than the automation play-out

You cannot plug 2 dongles at same time in the same computer. This is why at purchase time you can buy MB RECASTER PRO without dongle and the MB RECASTER PRO license is added to your MB STUDIO dongle. If you purchased 2 dongles by mistake let me know and i will arrange the transfer of your MB RECASTER PRO license to the MB STUDIO PRO dongle.

I see in MB Spot an excellent recorder with lots of features, but one needed feature. A scheduled record ability.
I see vox function for start and stop (Great Idea!). Audio source for record (Great Idea!) but it has only manual record ability.
I think it would be an even more excellent with a timer/schedule function added like your other recorders. Seconds would be even greater product for time record on any of the products record functions.
Thank you

Scheduled timer recorders are there in MB RECASTER PRO and in MB STUDIO PRO menu Tools \ Time Recorder

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Last edit: 19 May 2017 14:14 by MB RADIO.

More
19 May 2017 16:14 #82728 by paul03034
Replied by paul03034 on topic Two Dongles at once
I have to think about that transfer as I may want to use on another computer. I bought the recaster first and later studio not planning on using it with studio. When I found that I could not choose an audio source in MB Studio recorder (Maybe I miss something?) I can buy another copy of Recaster Proand and you add to MB Studio Dongle I guess when I select have dongle being MB Studio Dongle.

I go to recorder in MB Studio Pro tools/recorder and it only recorded what Studio was playing. This made me go do test using recaster pro, so I moved the dongle.
Now I know two at once will not work.

Is there a way to record an audio source in MB Studio Pro that is not what MB Studio is playing as I don't notice way to do this.

Someday if you could add the VOX function (like in MB Spot) to scheduled record in Recaster Pro to remove silence before and after show record time would make a very nice product!

The Shows I record do not start right on the minute and usually 10 seconds after top of hour and end at 30 seconds + before straight up time like end 58:15 and not at 58:00 or 59:00, so I record silence and then tone.
They start tone about 10 seconds after end of show, so gap detection does not remove tone obviously.

Any help is appreciated in this matter.

Thank you
Paul

More
20 May 2017 00:23 #82737 by MB RADIO
Replied by MB RADIO on topic Two Dongles at once

paul03034 wrote: I have to think about that transfer as I may want to use on another computer. I bought the recaster first and later studio not planning on using it with studio.

ok

When I found that I could not choose an audio source in MB Studio recorder (Maybe I miss something?)

That's strange ... you should see all your available cards in the combobox like this:

I can buy another copy of Recaster Proand and you add to MB Studio Dongle I guess when I select have dongle being MB Studio Dongle.

Tes, just select "i have a dongle" so you'll receive the licence by email

I go to recorder in MB Studio Pro tools/recorder and it only recorded what Studio was playing.

The recorder (under Menu Tools \ recorder) is for record the current show and rebroadcast it later so it will record from the source that you selected in the webcast section (usually the audio return from your mixer table)

Someday if you could add the VOX function (like in MB Spot) to scheduled record in Recaster Pro to remove silence before and after show record time would make a very nice product! The Shows I record do not start right on the minute and usually 10 seconds after top of hour and end at 30 seconds + before straight up time like end 58:15 and not at 58:00 or 59:00, so I record silence and then tone.
They start tone about 10 seconds after end of show, so gap detection does not remove tone obviously.

The scheduled recorder can by started / stopped automatically from an item that is on air. As you can see in any item property you have Start or Stop recorder

So, imagine that you schedule a record from 9 to 10 and you enable the option START AT BIT

That record will start only when you play an item with the "Start recorder" flag enabled ...and anothe item with "Stop recorder" to stop it (or it will stop automatically at 10)

Anyway, again, this recorder is for record the current show and rebroadcast it later ....if you need to record something else use the scheduler of MB RECASTER PRO

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB STUDIO is a radio automation software that will allow you to create and manage your own radio station playing all your media files: jingles, commercials, news, songs, Files from internet, live streams, live inputs from your sound card, satellite feeds. Automatically download news and shows from Internet. Multiple overlapping files and/or live sources (mic, line, aux). Voice tracking. Integrated CD Ripper. Integrated jukebox to play songs requested via sms / email messages. Display current playlist on your web site.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER features an audio recorder with scheduler, a webcast module to send streams to any Shoutcast, Icecast or Windows Media server, AutoDJ function to play randomly your own audio files from up to 4 folders, a stream receiver allowing to record or recast to your server (transcoder), an audio converter from/to any format.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE is a software that stream a live audio\video feed from any place to an MB STUDIO PRO automation in the main radio studio. MB LIVE make use of a TCPIP connection. This program is free for MB STUDIO PRO users