Audio source stop if I Remote Desktop the computer

• bootika
  • Topic Author
19 Jan 2018 16:33 - 19 Jan 2018 16:34 #84537 by bootika
Hello

I installed yesterday MB Recaster and all is great except one annoying thing:
If I connect to the computer running MB Recaster using Remote Desktop (RDP protocol from Microsoft) the audio source stops inside MB Recaster. The audio source continues to play (I see the VU-meter inside Playback Devices system window). MB Recaster looses the signal somehow.. I have to reselect the audio card in MB Recaster in order to restart playing (or interact with the the "Exclusive" checkbox). Then all is good again
The problem is that when I exit the RDP session, it stops again :) And I cannot start it (and stay that way), unless I go in front of the computer. :)) Does anybody have the same issue? Any ideas?
I disabled the audio redirection (playback and record) inside from Local Group Policy\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\
Allow audio and video playback redirection - Disabled
Allow audio recording redirection - Disabled
Still no good

See attached images please
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Jan 2018 16:34 by bootika. Reason: correction

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2018 23:25 - 19 Jan 2018 23:26 #84550 by MB SOFT
I just checked and i can confirm the problem. When an RDP session start or finish Windows disconnect/reconnect the audio lines and leave MB RECASTER with no data input until you manually restart the capture session (changing audio card selector, changing exclusive flag or restarting the application). This is a general issue affecting any audio application capturing sound from WASAPI. Unfortunately i don't have a workaround for this. You'll probably get the same using any other encoder around. Maybe i can make MB RECASTER to check for the audio line status and auto reset itself when necessary but this would cause an audio skip for the listeners. I suppose the best solution would be to avoid RDP session and use other remote desktop viewers like ex Supremo www.supremocontrol.com/

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Last edit: 19 Jan 2018 23:26 by MB SOFT.

• bootika
  • Topic Author
20 Jan 2018 12:01 #84556 by bootika
Thank you. Better a short audio skip than nothing :) I will also try to replace RDP with something else, but I am an Sysadmin and RDP has some advantages for me, especially when connecting in cascade, using my computer as jump guest. Anyway, thank you for your quick reply

More
21 Jan 2018 02:54 #84561 by paul03034
I would not use remote desktop at all as I have had too many issues with it.

Try AnyDesk or Remote Utilities programs just Google them. Set them up for unattended access and you will be good to go.

I recommend AnyDesk is the best free version which is just about as fast as TeamViewer, but is free for personnel use and not expensive if you pay. I don't use TeamViewer due to cost.
I'll pay for AnyDesk usage, but not TeamViewer as you can pay $79 a year or buyout at $349 for lite version. I am using free right now, but they deserve something if you really use it all the time.

Also no VPN needed or router configuration using AnyDesk. I used VNC before and did VPN, but too slow and no audio at least how I had it set.
I have multiple network connections so no complicated setting.
My servers are on a mountaintop, so this works great for me!

Hope this helps!

• bootika
  • Topic Author
30 Jan 2018 14:33 #84611 by bootika
Do you have an approximate ETA for making MB RECASTER to check for the audio line status and auto reset itself when necessary?
Thank you,

More
08 Feb 2018 23:24 #84644 by MB SOFT
It will be out next week.

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme

• bootika
  • Topic Author
13 Feb 2018 18:08 #84660 by bootika
Thanks a lot, works great now when entering Remote Desktop! A small skip, but anyway acceptable.. And no skip on RDP exit! :)

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB STUDIO is a radio automation software that will allow you to create and manage your own radio station playing all your media files: jingles, commercials, news, songs, Files from internet, live streams, live inputs from your sound card, satellite feeds. Automatically download news and shows from Internet. Multiple overlapping files and/or live sources (mic, line, aux). Voice tracking. Integrated CD Ripper. Integrated jukebox to play songs requested via sms / email messages. Display current playlist on your web site.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER features an audio recorder with scheduler, a webcast module to send streams to any Shoutcast, Icecast or Windows Media server, AutoDJ function to play randomly your own audio files from up to 4 folders, a stream receiver allowing to record or recast to your server (transcoder), an audio converter from/to any format.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE is a software that stream a live audio\video feed from any place to an MB STUDIO PRO automation in the main radio studio. MB LIVE make use of a TCPIP connection. This program is free for MB STUDIO PRO users