MB Recaster network error string explanation

• radio3
  • Topic Author
03 May 2018 11:03 #85067 by radio3
Hi guys,

we are new using MB Recast to broadcast and it works fine...
But can anyone explain what the Network Error String like 0/0/0/0 means?
Sometimes we get sometning like this in screenshot and I do not know how to
understand this..

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2018 12:16 #85068 by MB SOFT
Replied by MB SOFT on topic MB Recaster network error string explanation
each number correspond to an encoder: encoder1/encoder2/encoder3/encoder4. Everytime the line slowdown or connection is lost the number increase

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme

More
03 May 2018 13:53 #85072 by paul03034
Replied by paul03034 on topic MB Recaster network error string explanation
121 errors on encoder 1/ zero errors encoder 2/ zero errors encoder 3 /zero errors encoder 4

I would guess that you are only using encoder 1 and there were 121 dropped packets due to bandwidth congestion (network connection slower than stream speed) or 121 disconnects from server, or a combination of the both.

Basically it shows you possible issues with your internet network bandwidth, or maybe server issue?

Not sure of all things it means, just that you had network issues as I stream out with 3 encoders set at 128k mp3/64k AAC+/32k AAC+ and they all are zero 0/0/0/0

Run speed test at different times of day and make sure you have bandwidth to stream at your speed that you encode and other things you do on network. This is upload speed and not download. If you are using same circuit for internet with other devices, you might be causing problems if you are sending files, emails, etc.....

Just my two cents!

• radio3
  • Topic Author
03 May 2018 18:44 #85076 by radio3
Hey thank you for the explanation..

I can confirm on this day there were disconnections from the sever but not 121.
I suppose the another errors was caused from dropped packets..
We have 6 MB upload bandwidth and we stream with only one encoder at 128 Kbs

• radio3
  • Topic Author
13 Mar 2020 14:29 - 13 Mar 2020 14:38 #89912 by radio3
Hi guys,

recently I have an issue I can't explain. The stream got disconnected for many times in the last days but I DO NOT see Network Errors (it is 0/0/0/0/) in the stats screen for those days. I see only Notice Time 'https://stream:port/live' Stop!' in the capture screen. Do you have any Idea what this meaning? And where I have to debug?
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Mar 2020 14:38 by radio3.

More
13 Mar 2020 14:33 #89913 by MB SOFT
Replied by MB SOFT on topic MB Recaster network error string explanation
I have no idea from here but you can select the menu Help \ Send debug to MB SOFT and maybe i can get a clue

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme

• radio3
  • Topic Author
13 Mar 2020 14:42 #89914 by radio3
Hi, I just uploaded debug to mb soft.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB STUDIO is a radio automation software that will allow you to create and manage your own radio station playing all your media files: jingles, commercials, news, songs, Files from internet, live streams, live inputs from your sound card, satellite feeds. Automatically download news and shows from Internet. Multiple overlapping files and/or live sources (mic, line, aux). Voice tracking. Integrated CD Ripper. Integrated jukebox to play songs requested via sms / email messages. Display current playlist on your web site.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER features an audio recorder with scheduler, a webcast module to send streams to any Shoutcast, Icecast or Windows Media server, AutoDJ function to play randomly your own audio files from up to 4 folders, a stream receiver allowing to record or recast to your server (transcoder), an audio converter from/to any format.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE is a software that stream a live audio\video feed from any place to an MB STUDIO PRO automation in the main radio studio. MB LIVE make use of a TCPIP connection. This program is free for MB STUDIO PRO users