MB-Recaster, Embedded Album Art, How does client player extract image?

• stevewa
  • Topic Author
17 Aug 2018 17:57 #85807 by stevewa
Hi Maurizio,

I have read that MB-Recaster can embed album art image into the stream.

I'm wondering how the player can extract that image from the stream to display it in the player.

I downloaded your MBPlayer, but anti-virus says it contains W32.Trojan.21fm, so I can't install it to try it.

Do you embed the album art jpg image in the stream as bytes, and then use those to reconstruct the image in the player?
Will images be displayed in other players for example "VLC Player (VIdeoLan)"

can 2 instances of mb-recaster be run on the same win pc? to send to 2 different shoutcast servers?

I am trying to do research if MB-Recaster will work as a Source encoid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2018 18:46 #85808 by MB SOFT

stevewa wrote: Hi Maurizio, I have read that MB-Recaster can embed album art image into the stream.

That's true, but due to a bug this is not actually working. It will be fixed in the upcoming version of MB RECASTER PRO. This feature will not be included in MB RECASTER FREE.

I'm wondering how the player can extract that image from the stream to display it in the player.

Currently only Winamp with the Album Art plugin display the instream artwork

I downloaded your MBPlayer, but anti-virus says it contains W32.Trojan.21fm, so I can't install it to try it.

Surely it's a false positive, what is your antivirus? Anyway MB PLAYER actually do not display instream artwork.

Do you embed the album art jpg image in the stream as bytes, and then use those to reconstruct the image in the player?

I use a standard feature of the Shoutcast2 protocol, i not invented anything :)
The logo picture and the now playing picture are available directly through the shoutcast 2 server, so if you want you can build your own radio player to display it.
Ex: my radio stream is: nr11.newradio.it:8056/stream and the logo picture is available here: while the now playing picture is here:

can 2 instances of mb-recaster be run on the same win pc? to send to 2 different shoutcast servers?

up to 10 concurrent sessions of MB RECASTER PRO can run in a single computer (each session require the purchase of an additional licence)
only 1 session of MB RECASTER FREE can run at the same time

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Attachments:

• stevewa
  • Topic Author
20 Aug 2018 18:28 #85813 by stevewa
thank you.

i'm using Immunet and Avast anti-virus, both report a virus, but with different virus names, so maybe it's just a false positive.
but now that you say mb player does not display the embedded image, i won't bother trying it.

I can't understand the license options. does it require a usb dongle to be installed on the computer? would each instance need it's own dongle?

More
20 Aug 2018 23:08 #85815 by MB SOFT

stevewa wrote: I can't understand the license options. does it require a usb dongle to be installed on the computer? would each instance need it's own dongle?

When you order the first license of MB RECASTER PRO an usb dongle is sent to your address. If you need multiple licenses (to run multiple MB RECASTER PRO on the same computer) additional licenses will be loaded into the usb dongle, so using 1 or 10 MB RECASTER PRO only need 1 USB dongle.

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB STUDIO is a radio automation software that will allow you to create and manage your own radio station playing all your media files: jingles, commercials, news, songs, Files from internet, live streams, live inputs from your sound card, satellite feeds. Automatically download news and shows from Internet. Multiple overlapping files and/or live sources (mic, line, aux). Voice tracking. Integrated CD Ripper. Integrated jukebox to play songs requested via sms / email messages. Display current playlist on your web site.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER features an audio recorder with scheduler, a webcast module to send streams to any Shoutcast, Icecast or Windows Media server, AutoDJ function to play randomly your own audio files from up to 4 folders, a stream receiver allowing to record or recast to your server (transcoder), an audio converter from/to any format.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE is a software that stream a live audio\video feed from any place to an MB STUDIO PRO automation in the main radio studio. MB LIVE make use of a TCPIP connection. This program is free for MB STUDIO PRO users