Just updated to MB Recaster Free 4.6.5.0 and get message "illegal device number"

• bootika
  • Topic Author
30 Jan 2019 11:12 #87045 by bootika
Just updated to MB Recaster Free 4.6.5.0 and get message "illegal device number" as soon as I open the application. Also, after I close the error window, I have no cards to capture. The list is not populated. I had to find in a hurry an older version of MB Recaster Free. All I could find was 4.2.3.2, on Softpedia, but fortunately, it works :)
Do you have any ideas what to change in order to make 4.6.5.0 work?
I would like to suggest that you keep an archive of older versions (at least last three versions), in order to be able to roll back in case of problems with the current release.
I would also like to propose that you keep a list of the release notes on your web site. Now I update blindly. I never know what to expect from the release I'm installing (new features, removed features, improvements, etc).

Thank you,
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2019 11:20 - 30 Jan 2019 11:20 #87046 by MB SOFT
It's announced here: www.mbradio.it/en/50-notizie/562-mb-reca...-4-6-5-pro-free-uk-2

Probably you're using a loopback device to capture so you have to enable the loopback device on Setup\Options.

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Last edit: 30 Jan 2019 11:20 by MB SOFT.

• bootika
  • Topic Author
30 Jan 2019 11:40 #87047 by bootika
Your advice resolved the problem, thank you,
Can you put a link near the download button that leads to the release notes for every new version? I can't guess how the link will look for the next release (it looks like a CMS auto generated link) They're very important.

Thank you,

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB STUDIO is a radio automation software that will allow you to create and manage your own radio station playing all your media files: jingles, commercials, news, songs, Files from internet, live streams, live inputs from your sound card, satellite feeds. Automatically download news and shows from Internet. Multiple overlapping files and/or live sources (mic, line, aux). Voice tracking. Integrated CD Ripper. Integrated jukebox to play songs requested via sms / email messages. Display current playlist on your web site.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER features an audio recorder with scheduler, a webcast module to send streams to any Shoutcast, Icecast or Windows Media server, AutoDJ function to play randomly your own audio files from up to 4 folders, a stream receiver allowing to record or recast to your server (transcoder), an audio converter from/to any format.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE is a software that stream a live audio\video feed from any place to an MB STUDIO PRO automation in the main radio studio. MB LIVE make use of a TCPIP connection. This program is free for MB STUDIO PRO users