download on computer using dropbox

More
28 Dec 2019 03:19 #89216 by paul03034
download on computer using dropbox was created by paul03034
Hi,
I have a syndication program that is delivered via dropbox, but the file is never consistent other than it will have TCH-show name variable name-58m.mp3.
The dropbox folder is on PC and I need to transfer the file to a show folder.
I tried download and it added HTTP: to front of C:\
I tried agenda file transfer which would be the method, but it does not support wildcards. I would look at file to get being a wildcard format of TCH-*-58m.mp3.
Is there anyway I can do this automatically.

On another show I have to go to agenda once a week and edit to get new name file over to standard name. I have a 4 hour show that comes via dropbox too. Naming is TBR - date released (changes) - hour 01 -.mp3 which I copy over to name TBR Hour 01.mp3. If I could do TBR - * - hour 01.mp3 to TBR Hour 01.mp3 would solve issues.

I don't know what to do to automate all the different show naming methods.

Thanks!
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2019 10:08 #89218 by MB SOFT
Replied by MB SOFT on topic download on computer using dropbox
You can play the show directly from the DropBox folder, use this: www.mbradio.it/en/help/331-event-random-file-from-a-folder

something like this should be what you need:

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Attachments:

More
04 Jan 2020 04:25 - 04 Jan 2020 04:28 #89284 by paul03034
Replied by paul03034 on topic download on computer using dropbox
Thank you!
I'm giving it a try Saturday Morning.

Can you please make it where file copy (source -> destination) can use a wildcard copy like above, so I can copy file out of dropbox to store copy in safer location or is that impossible to do?
I just prefer to copy the file a day and then a few hours before show, to be sure it can air, just in case dropbox owner deletes file early by accident or other reasons.

Thank you very much!

Paul
Last edit: 04 Jan 2020 04:28 by paul03034.

More
04 Jan 2020 12:02 - 04 Jan 2020 12:36 #89285 by MB SOFT
Replied by MB SOFT on topic download on computer using dropbox

paul03034 wrote: Thank you!
Can you please make it where file copy (source -> destination) can use a wildcard copy like above, so I can copy file out of dropbox to store copy in safer location or is that impossible to do?

You must create a .bat file and add it to the agenda.

What is a bat file? www.computerhope.com/jargon/b/batchfil.htm

in the bat file you use something like:

xcopy "c:\dropbox\*TBR*hour 01.mp3" "c:\myfolder\TBR Hour 01.mp3"

www.lifewire.com/xcopy-command-2618103

Il forum non sostituisce il servizio di assistenza tecnica. Per ricevere assistenza tecnica andare a questa pagina: www.newradio.it/client/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=4
Pour signaler un problème, lisez ici: www.mbradio.it/fr/soutien/guide/713-sout...signaler-un-probleme
Last edit: 04 Jan 2020 12:36 by MB SOFT.

More
04 Jan 2020 18:07 #89287 by paul03034
Replied by paul03034 on topic download on computer using dropbox
Thank You!

The .bat file worked fine!
For anyone trying this:

Only issue is create the audio file in the directory first or run the bat file manually and answer question to transfer file only, so you will be able to copy file only. I couldn't find a command to just copy the file straight away. If you do a /i after command it will create a directory named the file name and not prompt for copy file or create directory.

Also add after the source and destination
xcopy "c:\dropbox\*TBR*hour 01.mp3" "c:\myfolder\TBR Hour 01.mp3" /y
this will ignore the fact you are overwriting the existing file in the directory.

After this I just scheduled the consistently named file in the show directory to air when scheduled and it works great!
The agenda transfers the new show file each week to the show directory and I sleep.
Life is easier now!

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MB SOFT

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds

MB STUDIO HOME / LITE / PRO

MB STUDIO PRO / LITE MB STUDIO is a radio automation software that will allow you to create and manage your own radio station playing all your media files: jingles, commercials, news, songs, Files from internet, live streams, live inputs from your sound card, satellite feeds. Automatically download news and shows from Internet. Multiple overlapping files and/or live sources (mic, line, aux). Voice tracking. Integrated CD Ripper. Integrated jukebox to play songs requested via sms / email messages. Display current playlist on your web site.

MB RECASTER PRO

video reel32MB RECASTER features an audio recorder with scheduler, a webcast module to send streams to any Shoutcast, Icecast or Windows Media server, AutoDJ function to play randomly your own audio files from up to 4 folders, a stream receiver allowing to record or recast to your server (transcoder), an audio converter from/to any format.

MB LIVE

MB LIVEMB LIVE is a software that stream a live audio\video feed from any place to an MB STUDIO PRO automation in the main radio studio. MB LIVE make use of a TCPIP connection. This program is free for MB STUDIO PRO users