MB STUDIO can announce the current weather conditions such as the current temperature, the minimum and maximum temperatures recorded since last midnight, humidity and pressure. Weather can be read by a synthetic voice or by pre-recorded human voices. Weather data come from the site: https://www.weatherapi.com/weather/
To receive weather data you must first of all go to the MBStudio\Configuration\Options\Weather menu and define the desired cities CONFIGURATION - OPTIONS - WEATHER
MB STUDIO offers the following wildcards can be used to obtain the values weather:
- %weather% indicates the condition of the present time in the language in which Windows is set (eg: clear, cloudy, etc). The full list of the conditions of the time in English is available here or for all languages here
- %weathercode% indicates the condition at present time in code instead of text. This is useful if you want to prepare prerecorder human voice files, one file for each weather condition. So exemple according to this list https://www.weatherapi.com/docs/weather_conditions.csv if the weather is "sunny" MB STUDIO will play the file 113.mp3
- %tempnow% indicates the current temperature
- %feelslike% indicates the feelslike current temperature
- %tempmax% indicates the maximum temperature
- %tempmin% indicates the minimum temperature
- %humi% indicates humidity percentage
- %pres% indicates the pressure in millibars
- %wind% indicates the speed of wind
These wildcards give city values with index 0.
If you want to use multiple city values simply add the index number to the wildcard as in this example:
%tempnow1% indicates the current temperature of the city with index 1
%tempnow2% indicates the current temperature of the city with index 2
%humi4% indicates the humidity as a percentage of the city with index 4
Now that MB STUDIO consistently receives weather data we can finally announce them. As said earlier announcements can be made by a synthetic voice or through pre-recorded human voices. The synthetic voices can read a short text written directly in the entry box, or they can read an entire text file; within the text, you can call the weather data through wildcards
Let's now some examples:
the current weather condition is %weather% <- this sentence will say the actual weather condition (Sunny, Cloudy, etc)
the current temperature is %tempnow% degrees! <- This sentence will say the current temperature
the minimum temperature was %tempmin% degrees! <- This sentence will say the minimum temperature
the maximum temperature was %tempmax% degrees! <- This sentence will say the maximum temperature
humidity is the % humi% percent! <- This sentence will announce humidity
the pressure is %pres% millibars! <- This sentence will announce the pressure
Here is a complete example:
It's % hh% and %nn% minutes!. this are the weather conditions observed a few moments ago. %weather%. The current temperature is%tempnow% degrees, with a humidity of %humi% percent. The maximum temperature recorded so far was %tempmax% degrees, while the minimum dropped to %tempmin% degrees. Currently the pressure is %pres% millibars. that's all for now, the next update weather in about an hour!
In general you should write all the text with Notepad and then save it to a text file that will load in the panel "Synthetic Voices":
If you prefer to use a prerecorder human voice you must prepare all audio files according to this scheme:
- Temperature-10 to Temperature40 <--- these are 50 different files, one for each different temperature, each file will say "13 degrees!"," 14 degrees! ", etc etc ...
- TempeartureNow <---- this file should say "The current temperature is "
- TempeartureFeelsLike <---- this file should say "The current FeelsLike temperature is "
- TemperatureMax <--- this file should say "The maximum temperature recorded so far has been of "
- TemperatureMin <--- this file should say "The maximum temperature recorded so far has been of "
- Humidity0 to Humidity100 <--- 101 files that should say "the humidity level is xx percent"
- Pressure970 to Pressure1040 <--- these are 70 different files, one for each pressure, each file will say "The atmospheric pressure is xxxx millibars!"
- WeatherCode113 to WeatherCode395 <---- 48 files that should say the current weather condition according to this list
and then will just realize one minilist of this type:
- Presentation meteo.mp3 (this is a presentation file)
- Temperature%tempnow%.mp3 (current temperature)
- Temperature%FeelsLike%.mp3 (FeelsLike temperature)
- Temperature%tempmax%.mp3 (maximum temperature)
- Temperature%tempmin%.mp3 (minimum temperature)
- Humidity%humi%.mp3 (humidity 'current)
- Pressure%pres%.mp3 (the current pressure)